Based on the original by Jorg Helmschmied the younger, made in 1494. Displayed in the Kunsthistorisches Museum Vienna. The helm is designed to be bolted to the breast plate and attached to the back plate via a turnbuckle which allows for fine adjustments of the height of the ocular to suit the wearer. The helm is constructed from heat treated spring steel and decorated with fluting, incised lines, roped borders, engraving and cusped edges on the top plate. The left side has a small door decorated with piercing and engraved lines.
Weight: 4.5 Kg